The pajamas, also known as PJs have different patterns and come to suit different needs.
In USA and other western countries, pajamas are usually loose garments basically derived from the traditional Indian pajamas. They are mostly worn for lounging, working from home, and sleeping. Have you ever thought of a pajama pocket? Here is your answer…
Do Pajamas Have Pockets?
Commonly pajamas were made without any pockets. Nowadays, with the changing trends, there are many pajamas with pockets that fulfill various needs. Manufacturers also add pockets to pajamas to enhance their beauty and help to fulfill many storage needs.
We can learn a better overview of the topic below.
Pajama Pocket Pants Pattern
There are different patterns of pajama pants with pockets available for kids, men, and women. You can make your own pajama pants with pockets according to your size in these patterns. Read below to know about them:
Men’s Pajama Pants: These pajama pants for men have a simple cut with pockets, an elastic waistband, and an optional drawstring.
There are other patterns for these pants like regular, low-rise waist, shorts, etc.
Women Pajama Pants: This PJ has an easy pattern, all you have to do is measure the size of your hips and waist and choose one size from the pattern chart.
The waist of the pant is made with knit fabric and elastic, which makes them quite comfortable to wear.
Shirred Voile Pocket Pajama Pants: The front of these pants features a decorative tie and the back comes with an elastic waist with shirring, which makes the pant look stylish and comfy. These pants can be made with soft cotton fabric.
Kids Pocket Pajama Pants: These kid pajama pants have a straightforward design. It features hemmed legs and an elastic waist.
The pattern of a kid’s pajama pants can be taken by measuring an existing pajama pant. You can stitch these pajama pant in an hour or less.
Related Read: How to Iron Pajamas Correctly
How Hard Is It to Put a Pocket in PJ’s?
It is not too hard to put a pocket in Pajamas. All you need is to have good sewing skills to sew the fabric and attach it to the pant.
You only have to follow some simple steps to put a pocket in the PJs. If you can sew well, then it won’t be hard for you. But if you don’t have much idea about patterns, needles, and thread, then it can be a little difficult for you.
The pocket should be securely attached to the pant, and for that, you need to sew them properly.
How Do You Put a Pocket in Pajama Pants?
If there isn’t any pocket with your pajamas, then you can put one by sewing the fabric and adding it to the Pajama. For this you need:
- Matching fabric for making the pockets.
- Pajama pant
- Pins for keeping the fabrics together.
The process you can follow:
- You have to cut four pieces of fabric to make a pocket. For that, you need to cut the fabric according to the pattern. You can fold the fabric and can cut it, in this way you can get two pieces at once.
- Now, pin the two pieces of fabric together so that you can easily sew them. Except for the straight edge, you need to sew the curved edge of the two pieces together to make a pocket.
- Make sure to start stitching the curved edge half-inch away from the straight edge.
- The next step is to take the pajama pants, make them inside out and cut a hole at the side of the pants (Two or three inches lower from the top or wherever you want to add the pockets).
- You have to make a small cut according to the pocket’s opening size. Now attach the pocket fabric with the pant by sewing both the sides of the straight edge of the fabric with the rough side of the seam (from the start of the hole to the end).
- The pocket fabric pattern should be right-side-up when attaching it to the pant. And you are done! Now, you can wear your pajama pant and store the necessary items in your pocket.
Some Amazing Pajamas with Pocket
There are some nice pajamas with pockets that are quite light and comfortable to wear. You can find pajamas with pockets in different designs and patterns.
Let’s have a look at some of the warm and cozy Pajamas for men, women, and toddlers.
Cheapest Women’s PJ Pants with Pockets- PajamaMania PJ
The 100% cotton-made PajamaMania women’s pajama pants come in classic straight-fit and mid-weight cotton, which gives you a soft and brushed feel. These pants will keep you cozy and warm all year long.
The pajamas are available in different sizes, from XS to 2X. There are two deep side pockets with pajamas where you can carry your mobile, keys, etc. Keep in mind that the pants might shrink after the first wash.
You can get these pajama pants in several patterns like polka dots, animal prints, stars, bears, and other fun designs. The pajama features cuffed hems with piped satin trim and a one-inch elastic waistband with drawstring.
- Made with soft and comfortable cotton.
- Features drawstring waistband and satin piping detail.
- Includes two deep side pockets to carry the cellphone.
- Attractive and fun patterns.
- Available in all sizes.
Cheapest Men’s Pajama Pant with Pockets – #followme Pajama
Slip into the comfy plaid pajama pants by #followme that will keep you warm during cold nights. The pants are made from ultra-soft and cozy polyester microfleece fabric, which feels nice and warm against the skin.
These pants are made carefully to ensure maximum comfort and durability. You can wear them while watching a movie, lounging, doing chores, or sleeping.
The timeless plaid design with eye-catching colors makes these pajamas attractive to wear. The pant also comes with two deep side pockets and a button fly that adds some functionality.
From small to XL-size, these pants are available in all sizes. They won’t change in shape even if you wash them.
- Made with soft and cozy microfleece fabric.
- Keeps you warm and cozy every time.
- Comes in an eye-catching plaid design and a button fly.
- Features twill drawstring for a secure and snug fit.
- Available in varied sizes.
Pocket Pajamas for Toddler – Hawiton Pajamas Set
The cute Hawiton Children’s Cotton Pajama set is suitable for wearing as sleepwear and casual wear. These pajamas come with a printed cartoon design, plus the pants feature a dot design, which makes the PJs look cute and make your kids happy.
They are soft, breathable, and comfortable to wear as these pajamas are made with high-quality cotton.
There are two side pockets with the toddler pajama pants that provide storage for toys or snacks. With the included elastic waistband, the toddlers can walk freely and wear pants easily.
- Made with high-quality cotton, which feels soft against the skin.
- Comes with cute cartoon designs.
- Suitable as casual wear and sleepwear.
- Includes two spacious side pockets and an elastic waistband.
- Available in 8-16 sizes.
In How Many Ways the Pocket in Pajamas Can Be Used?
We mostly wear pajamas while going to the bed till the morning. It might look like the pockets with the pajamas are useless, but they can be used for keeping necessary items.
For example, if you have a cold, then you can keep some tissues in the pocket of the pajamas and use them whenever needed. You can keep your tablets in your pocket and can intake them before going to sleep.
Those who have the habit of reading before sleeping can keep their glasses in their pocket. Kids can keep their small toys inside the pockets.
You can also keep your mobile inside your pocket while doing house chores or watching TV. Some also keep cough drops in the pajama pockets.
Overall, the pockets of the pajamas are quite useful for keeping items that might be necessary.
Why Do Women’s PJ Pants Do Not Have Pockets?
There are quite fewer women PJs with pockets. It is surely uncommon. And the reason is since women’s clothes are pretty high in price, they cut down the cost by not adding extra fabric, that is pocket.
Most of women do not care about pockets, so they purchase pajamas without pockets.
Some women do not like carrying stuff in their pocket or they feel having pockets might make their hips look big, So there is less demand for pajama pants with pockets for women, and therefore the supply is less too.
But now we can see women’s PJ pants with pockets in markets, as slowly the demand is increasing.