LuLaRoe is a clothing business, in operation since 2016. While the business offers a range of female clothing items, it’s colorful and unique leggings that LuLaRoe have become most synonymous with.
LuLaRoe leggings are typically costlier than a standard pair that you’d buy from a department store. This is because LuLaRoe sell their goods through individual distributors, not stores. These individuals are referred to fashion consultants.
How much do LuLaRoe leggings cost?
LuLaRoe leggings vary in price but are definitely costlier than typical leggings. Expect to pay at least $25-30 dollars – often more – for an adult size, and a little less for a child. LuLaRoe set a minimum sale price to authorized sellers, so if you spot an offer that looks to good be true, it probably is.
What are the Cheapest LuLaRoe Leggings?
Unsurprisingly, Amazon is host to some of the cheapest LuLaRoe leggings that money can buy. Be aware though, cheaper LuLaRoe leggings are usually priced this way for a reason. Here are three examples.
Related Read: Where Are Leggings Made
1. Mystery Print Grab Bag Tall and Curvy (TC) Leggings
If you purchase these leggings, you cannot choose the design. The fashion consultant responsible will send a pair of leggings at random in the 12 -18 size range, depending on what they have in stock at any given time
2. Mystery Grab Bag Size One Leggings
As above, these leggings are a mystery until you open the box. This adds a little excitement to your delivery, but you may end up with a design that you consider outside your usual style. These leggings fit anybody from size 0 – 10
3. Mystery Kids Large/X-Large (7-12)
Again, we’re in the realms of surprise with these leggings – though you can choose a basic theme, such as Disney, solid block colors or celebrating a holiday. These leggings are designed for children aged between 7 and 12
What are the Most Expensive LuLaRoe Leggings?
If you’re prepared to pay a little more for your LuLaRoe leggings, you’ll have more choice. As you’ll see from these examples available on Amazon, you’ll be able to select a particular design. Such flexibility comes with a price tag, though. Here are three examples.
1. Black with Smiling Gray and White Male Female Kittens TC Leggings
These are among the premium leggings offered by LuLaRoe. Designed for sizes 12 -18, these are undoubtedly a striking design
2. Flower Design Size One Leggings
at the lower end of the premium LuLaRoe leggings market we have these designs, in which you can choose a floral print in a single block color. These leggings will fit any size from 0 -10
3. Disney TC Leggings
another collection of leggings designed for sizes 12 – 18, these prints are rare and limited as LuLaRoe no longer produces Disney-themed designs. This means you’ll no doubt stand out from the crowd in unique leggings!
Why are LuLaRoe Leggings So Expensive?
Every time you spend money on a LuLaRoe product, you are helping an independent distributor make a living. These distributors have paid for the goods out of their own pocket, buying the leggings from LuLaRoe at a wholesale price. They then sell them on at a profit.
This profit is not an act of greed. LuLaRoe forbid their distributors from selling products to consumers at wholesale prices, setting a minimum cost. Sales tax must be added by the distributor too, and fees will be incurred during payment processing. As you can imagine, mark-up is unavoidable if the distributor is to break even, let alone turn a profit.
In addition, LuLaRoe sets a minimum level of inventory investment from distributors. A fashion consultant must spend at least $500 in inventory to get started. As most LuLaRoe distributors are stay-at-home parents or people that struggle to otherwise make a living, they need to sell the products at a higher price to stay afloat.
How Much Should You Actually Spend on LuLaRoe Leggings?
There is no maximum price on what LuLaRoe leggings can be sold for. This means that, ultimately, the fashion consultant sets their price.
Let’s take a look at a theoretical example and assess how much you should be comfortable spending on a pair of LuLaRoe leggings.
- The fashion consultant bought several pairs of leggings to get started as a LuLaRoe consultant. Breaking down their inventory, these leggings had a cost price of $12.50 each
- LuLaRoe applies a minimum selling price of $15 for these leggings
- The fashion consultant hosts a LuLaRoe party, selling the leggings in person. Let’s imagine that this takes place in California. This means that, by state law, a 7.25% sales tax must be levied
- The fashion consultant can now sell these leggings at a minimum of $16.10. If they do so, however, they will lose money when they come to retrieving their earnings from LuLaRoe due to processing fees
- If you are buying the leggings online, more costs will be accrued by the fashion consultant. They’ll need to pay for shipping, as well as any percentage of the final sale price owed to the vendor
Using our example of a pair of leggings purchased for $12.50 and sold in person in California, paying $30 will provide the fashion consultant with a profit of around $10. It’s likely the consultant will need to charge more to make a living. It’s up to you if you think this is a price worth paying.
Try to remember, a fashion consultant paid at least $500 for the opportunity to sell these garments. Until they make this back in profit, they remain out of pocket. Consider the expense and quality of the leggings against the opportunity to help a fashion consultant pay their bills, especially if it’s a friend or family member.
Are the Top Leggings Really Worth the Money?
That depends on what you are looking for from the garments. For all the reasons we discussed above, LuLaRoe leggings cost more than most competitors. It’s up to you whether you’re willing to pay this extra.
For a long time, consumers were prepared to pay more for LuLaRoe clothing due to the quality of the garments. LuLaRoe had a reputation for prestige for the following reasons.
- Aesthetics – LuLaRoe leggings are invariably bright and cheerful in appearance. If you like to make a statement with your clothing, LuLaRoe leggings will help you
- Uniqueness – LuLaRoe only make 2,500 versions of any print – when they’re gone, they’re gone. You’re unlikely to wear the same outfit as anybody else
- Comfort – LuLaRoe leggings are made from polyester and spandex. This means they are effortless stretchy and will roll with the punches of a changing body shape
- Convenience – LuLaRoe leggings are typically wrinkle-resistant. This can be heavenly for busy women that do not wish to spend hours ironing their leggings
- Warmth and Modesty – LuLaRoe leggings tend to be pretty thick. This means they are warm in the colder months, and will not show the world your underwear!
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – as discussed, by purchasing LuLaRoe leggings you are helping another woman make a living off her own endeavor
However, there are also a few issues with LuLaRoe products. These include:
- Laundry Concerns – LuLaRoe leggings will be damaged – or even destroyed – if placed in the dryer. You’ll need to let them dry through hanging
- Size Discrepancies – even if you buy two pairs of medium sized leggings (so a US 8 or 10) in different prints, they are often not of identical size and fit
- Clinginess – all leggings cling to the body, and LuLaRoe products are no exception. These leggings can highlight any perceived body imperfections. If you are insecure about your body, LuLaRoe leggings will not change that
- Business Practices – not everybody approves of the LuLaRoe business model, considering it a pyramid scheme
As we have been at pains to point out, LuLaRoe leggings cost more than an equivalent product that you’d buy on the high street. It is entirely a matter of personal choice as to whether you are willing to pay this extra money, for the reasons we have outlined.
Our advice is to do your own research into LuLaRoe and decide how comfortable you are spending your hard-earned money on products from this boutique. LuLaRoe leggings are definitely unique. It’s personal preference as to whether you ascribe a financial value to this distinction.